Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tag for Marie's August Swap


Mailed August 18th.

After much pondering, I came up with this tag for Marie's August Tag Swap. It is not original to use the Tim Holtz Caged Bird die set, but I was stumped. (see her "Art of Marie" blog at the right of this post).

I stayed within the "Nature" theme and somewhat with the challenge of using scraps. I used my scraps of glittered butterfly paper for the top and light blue cardstock for the background (like the sky). I stamped two trees, then placed the birdcage and bird on top. The bird is covered with scraps from an old dictionary that I got from the Thrift Store. I made the "Journey" ticket from left-over pieces of manila folders. I also added mini flowers to keep within the theme.

I used Tim Holtz's distress inks on the bird, ticket and basic tag. After all, we're having 105 degree heat outside.....AND I got dissss-stressed doing this dang tag!

You can't really see it, but I added a dragonfly charm on the fibers at the top. (It has a lobster claw clasp so it can be used on a bracelet later).


The back has an notched envelope with my info and I added a layered butterfly that I made from scraps.

WHEW!! This was a difficult but fun. I didn't feel entirely good about these tags because the idea is not original to me, but I gave it my best shot. I hope they like it! I just couldn't think of anything more authentic this time.

I have to stop comparing my work to more advanced crafters!!

Labels