Friday, September 3, 2010

Halloween Banner Letter Swap

(Final....Mailed Sep 13)

Another Swap, another design to ponder! I joined Marie's "Halloween Banner" swap and I've been working on my design. (Her blog is "ArtOfMarie, and is listed on my blog list to the right). For this swap, everyone is assigned a letter to spell out the word, "Halloween." It's only difficult because I'm trying to come up with a unique background. I took the letter "E."




With Twilight and other vampire shows being so popular, I decided to use my new Cricut Happy Hauntings cartridge to cut my letter. It has a Vamp font which is pretty cool. To give it dimension, I cut two: One purple and one orange. The frame is the same purple. I wanted to give the frame a kind of spooky mirror look, so I placed vellum behind it. Then I came up with the possibility of putting green cardstock behind the frame to give it a creepy glow that highlights the letter. The top has to be clear so each person can decide how to hang their letters for the banner.
I only hope that the bats will not get smooshed during mailing. I placed them so the wings poke out and it looks like they're flying around the letter.

4 comments:

Rhonda Emery said...

THIS IS SO COOL. I AM NOW A FOLLOWER,
www.scraphappenswithRhonda.blogspot.com

Dorcas said...

This is really neat! Love the detail!
Thanks for sharing!
~Dorcas
http://4craftyangels.blogspot.com/

Scrapping With Sherry said...

Angie~

I came by to take a look at your card for the challenge at CardzTV and cant seem to find it but boy have I found alot of other great projects for all kinds of challenges. You are truly talented! I barely made the challenge but I invite you to take a peek at http://scrappingwithsherry1.blogspot.com/

Take Care~ Sherry

Jessica said...

This is a really cool banner! You did a great job!

Labels