Wednesday, June 2, 2010

My First Attempts at New Techniques!

I've just added photos of my first attempts at Vintage Tag and Satin Flower making. I made my first tag six months ago and have advanced since then. All I can say is it took more work than it appears! The tag is 4x6 and made of medium weight chipboard. The supplies used were Glimmer mist, leaf trim, vintage photo, mini-roses, rhinestones, fibers, key charm, and hand-made flower. I also trimmed it in diamond dust. The photo is backed on cardboard to give it a dimensional look. My camera is somewhat old (like 2 years) and doesn't pick up details.

The hand-made Satin Flowers are also from techniques I learned on YouTube. I cut out 7 round shapes of Satin. Then I had to use a lighter around the edges to get them to curl. The first time I tried I lit the satin on fire! I'm such a doofus. Many tries later, I noticed that no matter how hard I tried I burned the edges. So like most crafters, I just accepted my mistake as a blessing. I think it defines the flower a bit more. Like anyone really cares but me!

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget

Labels