Tuesday, June 29, 2010

TREASURE BOOK, Take 2


I'm working on my second unfinished wood "Book." So far, I've painted it and placed Mariposa paper on top. Now I have to put the bookplate on. This is how the hidden drawer looks when pulled out. These are the easiest projects I've done and it's almost instant gratification! I love the results too.


Products used: (1) Unfinished wood book box from Hobby Lobby on sale $1.50. (2) Half sheet of DCWV "Mariposa" paper, (3) paint colors of amethyst and a dusty pink from Lowe's, and (4) Tim holtz ornate plate (working on it).


Hints: If you have a Hobby Lobby near you, wait for these items to go on sale.....they always do! Also, I found it cheaper and easier to buy a pint of paint from Lowe's than to get craft paints to cover these boxes.

No comments:

Labels