Thursday, February 10, 2011

VALENTINE'S "BOOK" TREASURE BOX FOR MY SISTER

BOOK OF LOVE
I made this Book Treasure Box for my sister some time ago, but wanted to wait until Valentines Day to give it to her.  She's not only my sister but my dear friend!

I started with an unfinished wood "book" box from Hobby Lobby.  I painted it, added butterfly ephemera paper, and  an ornate plate.  I had to fiddle awhile to make the "Love" label, and added a handmade dangle pin. 

There's a secret drawer that slides out of the left side, which would be the binding part of a book.  I added some chocolate hearts, a love note and other little trinkets.

1 comment:

Grandma Bugs Place said...

Angie that is lovely. She will love it. I so enjoy your blog and seeing your work.
Thanks for sharing with us!
Marcie

Labels